Living Fully & Letting Go
Thriving, hope, and meaning, within the context of illness, have been the common thread woven throughout Susan Bauer-Wu's professional and personal life. Her genuine passion, commitment, and skill in optimizing quality of life and healing and promoting wellness are remarkable. This is exemplified in her touching and inspiring presentations, her transformational resilience retreats, as well as her solid research and scholarship. Her vision, knowledge, and wisdom— of how to thrive amidst the challenges of illness and our busy, high stress/high tech world— touch the core of many.
- "Promoting Nurse Resilience Through Mindfulness", Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, TX (October 19, 2015)
- "Mindfulness-Based Interventions in the Setting of Chronic and Serious Illness", Internal Medicine/Clinical Ethics Grand Rounds, Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas, TX (October 20, 2015)
- "Mindfulness Matters: Beyond the Hype", Crow Museum of Asian Art, Dallas, TX (October 20, 2015)
- Helen L. Erickson Lectureship in Holistic Nursing, Austin, TX (November 11, 2015)
- TEDx Washington Square, Mindfulness and Social Change, New York, NY (Movember 15, 2015)
Simple Tip to Bring Mindfulness into Everyday Life
When you are overwhelmed, pre-occupied, worried, angry, agitated or uncomfortable: STOP…
- S Stop. Simply pause from what you are doing.
- T Take a few slow breaths with awareness, noticing the sensations of breathing in and breathing out.
- O Observe and curiously notice your thoughts, emotions and bodily sensations.
- P Proceed with awareness, kindness, and wise action (or wise inaction).